- A certified copy of your identity document, birth certificate or passport-displaying your photo and the passport’s expiry date.
- Banking details (copy of bank statement stamped by the bank).
- Withdrawal (Resignation, Dismissal & Retrenchment) claim form signed by the member and two Employer authorised signatories.
- The withdrawal form must be stamped by the mine;
- A letter stating your intention to transfer the full or part of the withdrawal benefit containing the institution’s contact details and policy details (if applicable).
- An original or copy of an annuity letter, reflecting the annuity policy number (if you wish to transfer the full or part of your benefit to an annuity fund/registered pension/provident fund), or the original signed annuity application form, or the original letter from the broker (if applicable).
- A foreign exchange questionnaire (if applicable).
- A payslip (if your current income is less than R60 000 per year).
- A letter from your employer confirming your resignation, dismissal or retrenchment.
You may take your full fund credit in cash, just remember that you will pay tax on a portion of the money.
Summary of claims process:
- Complete the claim form
- Get the employer to sign the claim form
- Prepare and ensure you have all required, supporting documents
- Submit the signed claim form with all supporting documents to your HR Office
The claims process::
- All documents are received and verified
- Claims are investigated by the trustees to determine benefit allocation
- Tax calculation is applied
- Bank verification is received
- Payment is made